Welcome to my A2 media blog

Welcome to my A2 media blog.
My name is Gavin Fraser (0245). I am part of Group 1 along with Alice Cahill (0130), Kayvon Nabijou (0610) and Mahalia John (0345).

You can navigate my blog using the right hand side column where you will find:
Some information about me
My post labels including 'A2 Production', 'A2 Prelim' and 'A2 Research and Planning'
A live link to The Latymer School Music Video Blog
The blog archive of all my posts

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.

Music Video



Digipak

Digipak
Album Digipak // Top-left to bottom-right: inside back, inside front, back cover, front cover

Website

Click Image to open Pilgrim's website in a new tab

Tuesday 2 December 2014

Seventh Shoot: Thursday 27th November


Shot list for the day
We were very prepared for this shoot because it was out last chance to get any footage and publicity shots that we needed. The picture shows the shots that we wanted to get. We were  also hoping to get a couple of extra shots, but they weren't essential. We wanted to get some publicity shots with more variety than the first shots we took, with different costumes, props and background colours. We had the studio from 9:30 to 5:30. This was plenty of time but we did all have lessons at various points, which made things a bit awkward.




Filming went pretty well overall. I forgot to bring in the t-shirt that I needed for the prop shots but I live near to the school so I was able to quickly go home and get it. By this point in the shooting process we were completely comfortable in front of the camera and had done most of the shots before as we were reshooting a lot. This meant that the whole process went pretty smoothly with few interruptions. Most of the shots were done in one or two takes and everything looked really good. The shots that we redid look better than they did before and they are all vibrant and visually interesting which is what we wanted.

The publicity shoot went really well. Again, we were all experienced at posing for the camera by this point as we had done it before. I, in particular, had a lot of practice since I was also acting for another group, meaning I had even more time in front of the camera both for their video and their publicity shots. We had fun with the shots and didn't take it as seriously as we had last time since we wanted the pictures to be more fun and laid back. We took pictures with our instruments and with a variety of poses. We then changed into alternative outfits and took photos wearing them. We got some really nice photos and there was a huge variety. We got group pictures as well as individual pictures and experimented a lot with composition and poses. We also learned a lot from the last shoot and so we knew what to avoid and what looked good. The pictures below are some of my favourite shots from the day. They are unedited at the moment but they shouldn't take much work.






Overall, this was a really good shoot. We got everything we needed comfortably and are happy with the quality of the footage and photographs that we took. We did not get a chance to shoot the extra shots that we were considering since they were quite difficult to shoot and not entirely necessary. We instead focussed on the publicity shots, devoting a lot of time to making them look interesting and professional. This was a good decision in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment