Welcome to my A2 media blog

Welcome to my A2 media blog.
My name is Gavin Fraser (0245). I am part of Group 1 along with Alice Cahill (0130), Kayvon Nabijou (0610) and Mahalia John (0345).

You can navigate my blog using the right hand side column where you will find:
Some information about me
My post labels including 'A2 Production', 'A2 Prelim' and 'A2 Research and Planning'
A live link to The Latymer School Music Video Blog
The blog archive of all my posts

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.

Music Video



Digipak

Digipak
Album Digipak // Top-left to bottom-right: inside back, inside front, back cover, front cover

Website

Click Image to open Pilgrim's website in a new tab

Wednesday 10 December 2014

Website Store - Poster Designs


These are two sketches that I drew. They are flat plans for posters that we are going to sell on the store. Having a poster is fairly typical for indie bands. We decided to keep them fairly simple by just using images of the band with the logo. This reinforces the band's image without relying heavily on graphics. This is fairly typical for bands releasing a debut album as they need to establish their own image before their artwork can start becoming more conceptual or abstract. In the portrait poster, we are using the blue texture from the website and the album cover. This creates synergy between all the different elements of the promotional campaign and hopefully makes the poster more appealing.
We are pricing the posters at about £5. This is slightly cheaper than band posters are typically as we want our merchandise to be affordable, meaning more will be purchased.


 
These are the four final posters that Kayvon and I designed. The shots were taken during our final shoot. They are similar in terms of composition and style but the green ones are a bit more fun while the blue ones portray the band a bit more seriously. They all have vibrant colours and, obviously, the large band logo. I went for two alternative styles for each photo - one with a plain background and one with the texture from the album cover and website.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment