Welcome to my A2 media blog

Welcome to my A2 media blog.
My name is Gavin Fraser (0245). I am part of Group 1 along with Alice Cahill (0130), Kayvon Nabijou (0610) and Mahalia John (0345).

You can navigate my blog using the right hand side column where you will find:
Some information about me
My post labels including 'A2 Production', 'A2 Prelim' and 'A2 Research and Planning'
A live link to The Latymer School Music Video Blog
The blog archive of all my posts

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.

Music Video



Digipak

Digipak
Album Digipak // Top-left to bottom-right: inside back, inside front, back cover, front cover

Website

Click Image to open Pilgrim's website in a new tab

Monday 24 November 2014

Sixth Shoot: Saturday 22nd November


bold - not shot
This shoot was the least enjoyable for me out of all our shoots as I was ill throughout the day. Overall I think the shoot went fairly well although it definitely could have gone better. The studio was booked from 1:45 to 9:00 but we were all about an hour late as there was a lot of traffic. I then had to go home to get my guitar amp as the one we had previously been borrowing off our friend was no longer available, meaning I was even later by about 30 minutes. We didn't start shooting properly until about half 3.

Despite all this, the shoot went pretty well once we started. We made a checklist of all the shots that we still need to get which we used consistently throughout the session. We planned to reshoot the long shots of the band from our first studio session as well as some glidecam shots of the band, mid shots of each band member lipsynching, mid shots of each band member posing in their costume and a long shot of the band members messing around in their superhero costumes. By this point we were only sticking very loosely to the shoot schedule as it made more sense to judge what was needed a couple of days in advance as opposed to weeks before. We had also hoped to reshoot the Nintendo 64 shots as the performances in our original footage could have been stronger. However, the Nintendo was not available and we wouldn't have had time to get these shots anyway.

Mahalia motivating Alice to be more energetic during her solo mid shot

This video compares some of our early footage to the retakes that we did in this shoot. There isn't too much difference in how Kayvon acts although he is a bit more mobile in the reshot footage. He looks confident and uses his space, looking into the camera a lot and lipsynching convincingly. Alice and I improved quite a lot from the first shoot. Alice moves around more and plays the bass more convincingly, as well as looking more excited and happy. Her lipsynching is much better and she looks like she is enjoying the performance which is what was lacking from the original clips. I looked into the camera a lot more during this shoot which makes my character appear more confident. I, like Alice, improved my lipshynching since the first shoot and my performance is more convincing. 


Getting into costume for the superhero mid shots
While my cold and headache made the shoot a bit of a struggle, we managed to get some really good footage. The shots that we redid look much better with more convincing performances and the glidecam footage is really smooth and looks great. We have definitely managed to get a lot of personality across with the fun shots which is the main thing that we were lacking before. We haven't left ourselves too much to do in our final shoot and we're confident that we'll be able to get everything else that we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment