Welcome to my A2 media blog

Welcome to my A2 media blog.
My name is Gavin Fraser (0245). I am part of Group 1 along with Alice Cahill (0130), Kayvon Nabijou (0610) and Mahalia John (0345).

You can navigate my blog using the right hand side column where you will find:
Some information about me
My post labels including 'A2 Production', 'A2 Prelim' and 'A2 Research and Planning'
A live link to The Latymer School Music Video Blog
The blog archive of all my posts

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.

Music Video



Digipak

Digipak
Album Digipak // Top-left to bottom-right: inside back, inside front, back cover, front cover

Website

Click Image to open Pilgrim's website in a new tab

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Band Member Profiles

Kayvon (lead singer, guitarist): Scott

Scott is charismatic, confident, inspirational character. He has a lot of screen presence, moving to the music and using all of the space on the set. We looked at George Ezra and Robert Milton (Dog Is Dead) for inspiration and observed how they performed. They both look very comfortable in front of the camera and are relaxed but confident. He also looks into the lens a lot so that the audience is directly addressed and feel more connected to his character.


Alice (bassist): Ash

Ash is a cool character. She doesn't move as much as Scott does on the stage and doesn't look into the lens as much. She moves around on the spot and looks relaxed playing the bass, mainly looking down or at Scott. We looked at Hayley Williams (Paramore) for inspiration for her character. Hayley Williams is the lead singer of Paramore and is the main focus in Paramore's videos. We liked her confidence but felt Ash needed to be a slightly more reserved as she is not the lead. She does still look confident though and is an aspirational character.


Gavin (drummer): Michael

I am a laid back character. As I am the drummer, I am not able to move around during the performance shots but I do make use of my space, moving my arms quite a lot and interacting with Ash and Scott. We looked at Chris Tomson (Vampire Weekend) and Suren de Saram (Bombay Bicycle Club) for inspiration. These drummers are reserved but confident like Michael. Michael is the joker of the group, as shown in the prop shots where he makes the other band members laugh and messes around with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment