Welcome to my A2 media blog

Welcome to my A2 media blog.
My name is Gavin Fraser (0245). I am part of Group 1 along with Alice Cahill (0130), Kayvon Nabijou (0610) and Mahalia John (0345).

You can navigate my blog using the right hand side column where you will find:
Some information about me
My post labels including 'A2 Production', 'A2 Prelim' and 'A2 Research and Planning'
A live link to The Latymer School Music Video Blog
The blog archive of all my posts

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.

Music Video



Digipak

Digipak
Album Digipak // Top-left to bottom-right: inside back, inside front, back cover, front cover

Website

Click Image to open Pilgrim's website in a new tab

Sunday 9 November 2014

Casting

From left to right: Kayvon Nabijou, Alice Cahill, Gavin Fraser (me)
 
Pilgrim is  3-piece band that consists of Kayvon, Alice and myself on lead guitar, bass guitar and drums respectively. We kept everything within the group to make scheduling and organisation easier. The chemistry between the characters in the video will hopefully be more genuine as we are all good friends within the group.

Kayvon Nabijou
Kayvon is the most confident out of the three of us. He is our singer and guitarist in the band. In our preliminary task, he was cast as the lead singer. He played the role very well so it would be silly to not take advantage of him for our video too.  The short video below shows him in this lead role.
 
Kayvon's character is cool, confident, stylish and charismatic.
 
He has three different costumes throughout the video and one make-up look.
 
 
Alice Cahill
Alice is the bassist in our band. She has experience acting from our preliminary task and can play guitar so her performance should be confident and convincing. Having an aspirational female figure in our band breaks conventions and appeals to a wider audience, broadening our appeal.

Alice's character is a quirky, aspirational tomboy.

She has three costumes and two make-up looks.

Gavin Fraser
It is hard to have a convincing drummer in a video if the actor doesn't actually play the drums. Luckily, I do. This is one of the main reasons that I have been cast as the drummer for Pilgrim. I was also the drummer in the preliminary task, although my role is more important in this video than it was in the preliminary task as our band interacts more than the band in our remake did, meaning I had more of a background role in the remake. I can play the song confidently so playing convincingly won't be a problem in the video.
 
My character is cool, confident, laid-back and funny.
 
I have three costumes and one make-up look.

Summary sheet that Mahalia created
 

No comments:

Post a Comment