Welcome to my A2 media blog

Welcome to my A2 media blog.
My name is Gavin Fraser (0245). I am part of Group 1 along with Alice Cahill (0130), Kayvon Nabijou (0610) and Mahalia John (0345).

You can navigate my blog using the right hand side column where you will find:
Some information about me
My post labels including 'A2 Production', 'A2 Prelim' and 'A2 Research and Planning'
A live link to The Latymer School Music Video Blog
The blog archive of all my posts

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.

Music Video



Digipak

Digipak
Album Digipak // Top-left to bottom-right: inside back, inside front, back cover, front cover

Website

Click Image to open Pilgrim's website in a new tab

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Tracks That Are Special To Me

Obviously it's hard to summarise your whole music taste over several years with a couple of songs but these are some that come to mind when I think about what I used to enjoy and what I enjoy now.

Jack Johnson - Banana Pancakes
This was the first song that I knew all the words to. My dad had the album and I would always listen to it in the car.




Pink - So What
This was the first song that I downloaded. I really dislike it now.




Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
First song I properly taught myself on  the guitar.




Arctic Monkeys - When The Sun Goes Down
I used to get really excited when this song would come on the radio on the way to school. When my dad bought 'Favourite Worst Nightmare', I listened all the way through it trying to find this song and was thoroughly disappointed when I didn't find it.




Radiohead - Paranoid Android
This was my favourite song for about a year. I listened to it too much so I don't enjoy it as much now.



Bombay Bicycle Club - Always Like This
I first heard this on XFM about 5 years ago and I still love it. Its very light-hearted and refreshing.




Skrillex - Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites
I can't stand it now, but it blew my mind when I first stumbled upon in on Youtube. I'd never really heard this genre before and it was exciting to hear all the bass-heavy, beat-driven songs he had produced.




Queens Of The Stone Age - A Song For The Dead
This song is one of my all-time favourites. When I first discovered the album it completely changed the way I thought about music and I started listening to much heavier stuff. I associate the album with New York because I listened to Queens Of The Stone Age non-stop while I was there. I also recently saw them at Reading Festival. They finished with this song. It was easily the best thing I've ever seen live.



No comments:

Post a Comment