Welcome to my A2 media blog

Welcome to my A2 media blog.
My name is Gavin Fraser (0245). I am part of Group 1 along with Alice Cahill (0130), Kayvon Nabijou (0610) and Mahalia John (0345).

You can navigate my blog using the right hand side column where you will find:
Some information about me
My post labels including 'A2 Production', 'A2 Prelim' and 'A2 Research and Planning'
A live link to The Latymer School Music Video Blog
The blog archive of all my posts

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.

Music Video



Digipak

Digipak
Album Digipak // Top-left to bottom-right: inside back, inside front, back cover, front cover

Website

Click Image to open Pilgrim's website in a new tab

Wednesday 17 September 2014

Semiotic Analysis of a Music Video




  • Lewis Watson is singing about how he wants to end a relationship but he finds it difficult because it has become comfortable.
  • The overall ideas in the song are that he wants to go back but that it is hard.
  • The video shows him at a party with his girlfriend and their friends.
  • Many of the shots are played in reverse to show how his world is coming undone and that he wants to go back to how it was before.
  • Some of the shots highlight the tension between him and his girlfriend through their interactions and facial expressions. The glance from the girlfriend at 2:30 as he walks past her is an example of this. Her and Lewis Watson's faces are in focus and more brightly lit than the surroundings to emphasize the awkwardness and discomfort.
  • 'I'm holding on, so tight it hurts, so why are we holding on?' summarizes the meaning behind the song.
  • The shot at 1:40 shows their separation as they stand on opposite sides of the frame. He leaves her and it then jump cuts to her standing alone. The cut is sudden and noticeable, again showing how they have been torn apart and they are uncomfortable with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment