Welcome to my A2 media blog

Welcome to my A2 media blog.
My name is Gavin Fraser (0245). I am part of Group 1 along with Alice Cahill (0130), Kayvon Nabijou (0610) and Mahalia John (0345).

You can navigate my blog using the right hand side column where you will find:
Some information about me
My post labels including 'A2 Production', 'A2 Prelim' and 'A2 Research and Planning'
A live link to The Latymer School Music Video Blog
The blog archive of all my posts

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.

Music Video



Digipak

Digipak
Album Digipak // Top-left to bottom-right: inside back, inside front, back cover, front cover

Website

Click Image to open Pilgrim's website in a new tab

Monday 14 July 2014

3. Are you pleased with the footage and your edit? Is it how you expected it to look?

Overall I'm pleased with the footage and my final edit. I was never expecting it to look as good as the final video as we aren't professionally trained actors and replicating something is harder than creating something original. Despite some shots not being identical to the ones in the real video, our remake looked really good and we worked with the space and the resources we had. I'm particularly pleased with how the bike set-up looked. We obviously didn't have a car and we had a smaller set to work with so instead of trying to copy the shot exactly, we put our own twist on it by using a bike instead and rearranging things within the frame so that they looked as good as they could. While the shot looked smaller, I liked that it seemed like we used all the space better and the band (including me) was more in focus and a more important part of the shot.

The original shot

Our attempt at replicating it
I found that some of the lighting was different to the real video. This meant I had to try and compromise with the overall look of the shot in order to replicate the look of the characters. I was particularly pleased with my grading on the bike scene as I managed to get a nice grey look that was quite similar to the original video. However I had to have a lot of contrast in some of the plain white shots of the band in order to get the white background and this made the shots look worse. These problems are only caused by the fact that we were trying to replicate a video instead of making our own and I'm fairly certain I won't have this problem while making my video.

I don't really know how I was expecting the video to look. I never thought that we would be able to perfectly replicate the video but I was genuinely surprised at how close we got in the end considering the whole thing only happened in the space of about three weeks. Overall the video, while not perfect, is pretty close to the original and is better than I expected it to look which is pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment