Welcome to my A2 media blog

Welcome to my A2 media blog.
My name is Gavin Fraser (0245). I am part of Group 1 along with Alice Cahill (0130), Kayvon Nabijou (0610) and Mahalia John (0345).

You can navigate my blog using the right hand side column where you will find:
Some information about me
My post labels including 'A2 Production', 'A2 Prelim' and 'A2 Research and Planning'
A live link to The Latymer School Music Video Blog
The blog archive of all my posts

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.

Music Video



Digipak

Digipak
Album Digipak // Top-left to bottom-right: inside back, inside front, back cover, front cover

Website

Click Image to open Pilgrim's website in a new tab

Friday 18 July 2014

Personal Achievement

What do you personally want to get out of the whole A2 prelim experience?

I would like to gain confidence when acting in front of a camera. At the moment I'm very uncomfortable when people film me but this project will force me to overcome this and act like the character I have been cast as. I would also like to gain teamwork skills. The team working on this project is larger than any team I have filmed with before and it will be interesting to see how it is different from working in a small group. There is also a very tight schedule to stick to. Again, I have never worked to a schedule as precise as this one and it should be interesting and challenging to do so. 

Is it a challenge for you or within your comfort zone?

It will be challenging to act in front of a camera in a studio setting as it is different from anything I've ever really done before and is quite daunting. However, I am pleased about the fact that I am playing the drummer as I already play drums so it will be easy to make the drumming look convincing and this should make me more comfortable. 

Have you achieved/learnt anything so far?

The audition video forced me to practise lip-synching and generally made me a bit more comfortable in front of a camera because I was forced to just get on with it. My acting wasn't very convincing and I much preferred being behind the camera to being in front of it but I got on with it and in the end it was fine. I have also learned how much work goes in behind the scenes for actors and how much preparation is needed to portray someone convincingly. Even after the 4 hour session where we did acting exercises and prepared for the shoot, there is still a lot of work that needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment