Welcome to my A2 media blog

Welcome to my A2 media blog.
My name is Gavin Fraser (0245). I am part of Group 1 along with Alice Cahill (0130), Kayvon Nabijou (0610) and Mahalia John (0345).

You can navigate my blog using the right hand side column where you will find:
Some information about me
My post labels including 'A2 Production', 'A2 Prelim' and 'A2 Research and Planning'
A live link to The Latymer School Music Video Blog
The blog archive of all my posts

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.

Music Video



Digipak

Digipak
Album Digipak // Top-left to bottom-right: inside back, inside front, back cover, front cover

Website

Click Image to open Pilgrim's website in a new tab

Tuesday 15 July 2014

2. What have you learnt from participating in each of the prelim tasks?

We had to complete 5 tasks during this project. From each of these, I gained skills and confidence that will benefit me next year when I am making my own video.


Task 1: Audition video
  • Learned how to lip-sync convincingly
  • Became more comfortable in front of a camera
  • Started to become familiar with the song

My Audition Video


Task 2: Learn and practice your performance
  • Became familiar with my character
  • Learned how he moves and his overall attitude during the performance
  • Learned the song on drums

Task 3: Help to plan and organise your costume
  • Thought about how to achieve the same look as the character
  • Made me realise the amount of planning and effort that goes into how a character looks
My role
Task 4: The shoot
  • Realised the scale of the shoot and  how many different people were needed to achieve the shots that we wanted
  • Learned about the importance of using different lenses for different setups
  • Learned how important lighting is for achieving certain looks and how complicated it actually is to achieve these looks
  • Learned more about all the individual roles
  • Realised just how tiring a full-day shoot is
  • Became much more comfortable in front of a camera
  • Used the clapperboard for a few shots
  • Made me realise how much planning is necessary for a shoot when working with lots of people
  • Got me thinking about my own video, what is achievable, how I could achieve certain looks and how much planning I will have to do prior to the shoot
My final costume

Task 5: The edit
  • Realised just how much work goes into putting a music video together
  • Learned how important quick cutting is to keep a fast pace for the video
  • Learned about how important multi-track editing is for staying organised when editing
  • Learned how much grading can change the overall look and mood of a video
Overall, I am now more confident in front of a camera and I am more familiar with the style of editing required to make a music video. I am now also aware of the amount of work that needs to be put in for a project of this size and I have started to think in advance about my video as I know that next term will be fairly hectic with all the required planning.



No comments:

Post a Comment