Welcome to my A2 media blog

Welcome to my A2 media blog.
My name is Gavin Fraser (0245). I am part of Group 1 along with Alice Cahill (0130), Kayvon Nabijou (0610) and Mahalia John (0345).

You can navigate my blog using the right hand side column where you will find:
Some information about me
My post labels including 'A2 Production', 'A2 Prelim' and 'A2 Research and Planning'
A live link to The Latymer School Music Video Blog
The blog archive of all my posts

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.

Music Video



Digipak

Digipak
Album Digipak // Top-left to bottom-right: inside back, inside front, back cover, front cover

Website

Click Image to open Pilgrim's website in a new tab

Monday 11 November 2013

Pap and Sons - What I Learned from Marcus

Marcus Markou, the film's writer, director and distributor, made me realise that genuinely good films can be successful, despite a small budget, as long as the available resources are used correctly. Marcus didn't have a lot of money to distribute his film compared to Hollywood titles. He was competing against films that had multi-million dollar budgets on his release weekend. Despite this, his film was the second most popular film for that weekend (or something like that) and it was successful because he used his resources well.

He knew who his target audience was and he knew how to target them. He used his money to get Greeks involved and interested in the film. Instead of buying advert spaces on buses and bus stops all over london, he used his money to get the word out at Greek churches, handed out flyers in greek areas and had adverts on Greek radio stations.

This all meant that when the film was released, depsite comparatively spending nothing on distribution, his film was more successful than many big-budget films. Basically, he was resourceful, he knew what he needed to do to make the film popular and he precisely targeted his audience. Well played Marcus.


No comments:

Post a Comment