Welcome to my A2 media blog

Welcome to my A2 media blog.
My name is Gavin Fraser (0245). I am part of Group 1 along with Alice Cahill (0130), Kayvon Nabijou (0610) and Mahalia John (0345).

You can navigate my blog using the right hand side column where you will find:
Some information about me
My post labels including 'A2 Production', 'A2 Prelim' and 'A2 Research and Planning'
A live link to The Latymer School Music Video Blog
The blog archive of all my posts

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.

Music Video



Digipak

Digipak
Album Digipak // Top-left to bottom-right: inside back, inside front, back cover, front cover

Website

Click Image to open Pilgrim's website in a new tab

Friday 10 October 2014

Props

We have spent a lot of time thinking about what props we could have in our video. We want props that reinforce the theme of nostalgia and youth and so it is very important that we pick the right things. The list that I have included below will probably have been changed by the time we start filming but these are our initial ideas after about a week of thinking about it.

List of ideas on my phone

We initially came up with about 20 prop ideas. I saved them all on my phone as we thought of them. We were trying to think of things from our childhood as well as anything iconic from the late 90s. Once we had our list, we started organising them by their scale. We thought about how big they would appear in the frame. Some 'small' items have been put into the large section because they will fill more of the frame. For example, skateboards aren't particularly large but we will be moving about on them and so there will be a lot going on in the frame. Similarly, a piƱata is quite large but doesn't move much and will only fill a small portion of the frame when we are shooting the video.

Prop list organised by scale

Finally, we started to think about where we could get all of the props. We made a list of everything that we can get access to and a list of what we will have to buy.


Initial research into prices
Finally, we made a word document with all of the props that we needed to buy with links to the website that we are going to buy them from. The total price of all of these props is about £50. The cost will be covered by the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment