Welcome to my A2 media blog

Welcome to my A2 media blog.
My name is Gavin Fraser (0245). I am part of Group 1 along with Alice Cahill (0130), Kayvon Nabijou (0610) and Mahalia John (0345).

You can navigate my blog using the right hand side column where you will find:
Some information about me
My post labels including 'A2 Production', 'A2 Prelim' and 'A2 Research and Planning'
A live link to The Latymer School Music Video Blog
The blog archive of all my posts

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.

Music Video



Digipak

Digipak
Album Digipak // Top-left to bottom-right: inside back, inside front, back cover, front cover

Website

Click Image to open Pilgrim's website in a new tab

Sunday 22 September 2013

Accident Continuity Sequence


To create continuity, tried to keep a fast pace so that the audience was not left bored and felt the action of the sequence. Creating continuity was quite difficult as it was hard to film me falling out of a tree without me actually falling out of the tree. To solve this problem, we used quite cuts to different angles. This conveyed what was happening to the audience without it actually happening. We also kept the story as simple as possible to avoid any confusion as six shots is a very small number of shots to convey a story with.

To improve the narratvie flow, we could have jumped around a bit less with the angles. Doing this may have confused the audience about where they were viewing the event from at different points in the sequence. If I had actually been able to fall out fo the tree, we could have gotten better, more realistic shots of me falling without needing to do close ups to try and convey this. Another thing we could have done would be to introduce the other two characters in the first shot. They are not really involved until I start to fall and this might seem quite strange to the audience. By introducing them earlier, the sequence would have flowed better.

No comments:

Post a Comment